24 February 2016

Boo Hoo, 11 Months.






This Gretie Spaghetti is ELEVEN months old now. Wow. I know it goes by fast but when you are actually experiencing it, it goes by even faster. I took a nap, woke up, and all of a sudden I almost have a one year old. Mind blown.


I don't mind that she's 11 months old though. She is still just as dreamy as she was on day one. Oh, it's time to stop waxing poetic because GRETA CAN WALK. She took her first steps on Superbowl Sunday at ten and a half months. For the first ten days or so she still preferred to crawl, only taking 3-4 steps at a time but now if she can walk it she walks it. Her steps are a little wobbly and punchy but she gets the job done. It's so strange to see such a young baby walking around our apartment. I see her go by and I always do a double take, like who dat?! Oh my sweet walking Greta. She does not have teeth though but she can walk... ha ha. 

Greta still loves Jude. This is a good thing. Jude still loves Greta. Also a good thing. Sometimes he gets a little frustrated with her but I think it's cute and also just what he deserves. I mean, does he even know what he put us through?? Karma's a B kid. Nah, Jude was a wonderful baby and oh how I miss that baby boyfriend of mine. If I'm playing with Jude, Greta is right behind me ready to crawl all over us so she's in on the action too. It's really so sweet. Greta also still loves me. If I don't shut the door when I'm using the bathroom it's only a matter of seconds until I have someone wanting to play with my undies. I've gotten much better at shutting the door. Now that she can walk she loves grabbing my legs to get my attention - when I'm cooking, doing dishes, walking, Greta is right there holding on.



What else... bath time is still a hit, but now Greta insists on standing up most of bath time so her baths have gotten noticeably shorter. When she's actually sitting in the tub she loves to blow bubbles in the water and take little sips here and there. We are really encouraging Jude to not pee in the water. She babbles like a brook but no distinct words yet. She has a few baby girl toys to play with but Greta definitely prefers Jude's superhero toys. If you asked Greta she'd tell you just how delicious and chewable they are... mmmm.... that Martian Manhunter! She loves to chew on a good Superman but Greta loves food even more. Of course, she still has no teeth, but she can gum up anything. She usually gums up her veggies and then spits them out but will eat almost anything else. So I still give her veggie purees here and there because she will eat those. Greta loves a good smoothie as well so I've been sneaking veggies in those. Feeding kids is still a pain in the ass but at least this one likes to eat. I'm 1 for 2 people, that's progress. 




And lets take some time to talk about my sweet Jude boy as well. He figures things out pretty fast these days, draws conclusions, and makes logical bridges between ideas. It's so neat to watch his little brain working. Jude is in love with super heros, good guys, and bad guys. He's having a little Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles kick right now and can sing the old school cartoon song form start to finish. He's a great talker but still says "mine" instead of "my" and we refuse to correct him because it's so sweet and endearing. I'll leave that up to society. When he just can't believe it, or is really excited he loves to say "Oh. Mine. Gosh." and it's so cute. For whatever reason Jude really believes he's the smartest person in the world (hold on there kid) but while driving the other day he said "well, I'm the smartest boy in the whole world, I know everything, except math. No one taught me math yet." I told him I can teach him math but he insisted that his teachers need to teach it to him, so whatever. I'll be there for you though when you need to divide fractions, sweetie pie. 

This little family of mine has my heart. This early phase of motherhood has been so good. These little kids of mine, it's impossible to describe the love I feel for them. I know everyday and every moment I have with them is a gift and it will never happen. I just want to remember it all because everyday they get a little older and a little different but I guess that's beautiful too. 






0 woot-woots!: