14 January 2016

9 MONTHS!

Oh wow, here we are. Another month, another update. Time keeps marching on. I was looking at my sweet baby today, or maybe yesterday, and marveling at how large she is getting. The other day she let me rock her to sleep instead of pushing away from me and lunging for her crib. Her sweet chubby legs wrapped around me, past my hip is where her piggies lay, and her tired head rested in the crook of my arm. My sleeping baby in my arms feels so magical. I'm so mad at time. It feels like just yesterday I was snuggling my little baby blob, who, by the way, did not lunge off of me for her crib; and now I'm snuggling an almost one year old. Boo hoo hoo. Oh but I love her just the same, and really, she's kinda a little shrimpy so she seems a little younger to me than she actually is.  I am really glad she is a good sleeper though, but ohhhhh time, give me back my sweet baby blob. (I like to call them baby blobs when they don't really move.) Is there anything better than a baby blob? There is not.

Our Greta Ann. Oh she is a happy baby. She is constantly on the move. If we are all in a room and she isn't, it's just a matter of seconds before you hear her pitter patter crawling to meet us all. Greta likes to pull herself up onto anything and everything. Thankfully, she is understanding gravity a little better and has had fewer accidents with it. Except today she bumped that head of hers twice so maybe I shouldn't speak so fast. My busy little baby, she wants to know what everything is, where everyone is, and what everything feels like if she puts it in her mouth. Kill me now she is so cute. GRRRREEEEEETTTTAAAA! Really, you'd have to prove to me that there is a baby girl more loved than this one.

Food. She is loving almost everything she tries. She's eating more table food these days which has been a lot of fun. And also messy. She still gets some purees here and there just to make sure she's gotten enough but so far Greta agrees with food and it with her. Some of her favorite things to eat include cheese, cheerios, gnawing on fruit and veggies, brown rice pasta and sauce, sprouted wheat toast... oh, she had some Christmas ham dinner and loved almost everything I put on her tray. Greta also loves squishing up all the food in her hands. I think I'd like that too if I were a baby. Mmmmmm squishy...... What kind of foods does your baby like? I need more ideas!

--This was in my drafts since December, just waiting for me to post... so post I did. sorry about all the delays. It was written in time for her 9 month mark in life. Sigh. Nine months in, nine months out. --







0 woot-woots!: