23 November 2015

EIGHT MONTHS

Oh look, I'm getting busy on the ole' blog again. It's because my sweet little pile of smiles and coos is eight months old! My dear friend had a baby just yesterday and I feel like that should be me. I should be the one holding that sweet little baby blob against my chest. Oh well. I love Greta just the same and am just as grateful for her as I was the day she was was born, even though she is probably double her birth weight and will no longer curl up on my chest. Apparently there is far too much for her to do now.

Greta gives the best smiles. One of my favorite smiles of hers is the good morning salute. Dan brings her to our bedroom and as soon as she sees me her arms start flapping, her big bright eyes turn into tiny squints, and her mouth opens so wide surely you'd think donuts were involved. She likes to paw at my face and then quickly moves on to more important things. The tags on the pillows, Dan's nose, or the cord for the blinds are all big draws. That morning salute, it's oh so sweet. "Good morning Mother, today is a happy day!" I just know that's what she's trying to say. 

Without consulting her parents, approximately four days ago, this little girl started pulling herself up on to anything that can be pulled upon. It was so rude, her growing up without consent. From month 6-7 she still wasn't sitting up on her own, rather reclining as nudes do, at almost exactly 7 months she figured enough was enough and learned how to take a good sit, and now, almost 8 months on the button she is pulling to standing. And I'm tear-faced emoji all day long about it all. She pulls herself up on the coffee table, the kids Poang chair, the kitchen step stool, the ball table, the book shelf, the pantry shelf, ... the couch - but that one's not near as successful. The thing is, once she's up she doesn't really know how to do anything else, but she did master the graceful fall about two days ago so at least less crying is involved. 

Greta still loves her brother. Jude loves to climb into her crib with her when I retrieve her from a nap and smother her in loves. Sometimes he loves too hard. Jude is also very good at telling and showing her what toys she can and cannot play with. He does not like it when I correct him by saying she can play with allllll the toys, but oh well. He already didn't enjoy sharing so it's really no big deal. The other day Jude had some ice cream in the car and gave Greta a lick!!! Neither Dan nor I noticed until it was too late. Jude was so proud, it was hard to be upset. Jude's report was "she liked it, she just licked it up" and then he proceeded to slurp like a baby. My big baby and my little baby. I love them. 

And also we moved to Maryland. It was so difficult to say goodbye to a place and people that we love dearly but so far things a state up have been good. We are just trying to find Jude some friends, which always takes time. Yesterday at the park as we pulled up I told him some kids were there and his reply was "oh good, then I can make some friends!" It kind of broke my heart but also I know he's doing fine. Why just this afternoon I was his friend and we played and played while Greta slumbered. Preschool will probably start next week for him so hopefully there will be some little friends to invite to his birthday party in March. He talks about his birthday a lot and he is a little concerned about the guest list, if I'm being honest.  

So Greta is 8 months old, Jude is adorable, and we moved. Life.    {pictures come soon.... i hope}


0 woot-woots!: