20 August 2015

And Now She's Five Months Old





GRETA!!! Baby lady, you are 5 (I would like to use the F word as an adjective here, but will refrain) months old. Seriously, my mind is blown. We have made it almost half a year. And just to let you know, my Gretie Spaghetti, I am still pumping milk for you 5 times/day. I love you that much. It really sucks, but I love you more than it sucks. You will, however, nurse your left big toe and I am honestly offended and jealous of that piggie. That piggie is not going to the Market anytime soon. You are a champ at rolling over and once you have done it a few times and you are on your tummy you dig those little feet into the ground, stick up that little tush and grunt and groan, trying with all your might to propel forward. It is so cute, I even let you get a little frustrated doing it because I'm so tired I need something to make me laugh... where do you think you're going anyway? My poor kids. I mean, what kind of mother does this kind of stuff?  I do! And one of my friends recently told me I'm a 'fun mom', so I'm not going to stop. You laugh and you giggle and it is so sweet, my black heart turns pink for a few minutes and prickles recede. The best way to make you laugh and smile is to make a modified monkey sound, to repeatedly kiss your chubby little thighs or cheeks, or to have you watch Jude do anything. We all love you soooooooooooooo much. Oh baby, we are glad you are here.

^where does she think she's going, anyway??^

Happy happy 5 months to you. We are anxiously awaiting your teeth. 


Okay, onward we go. Jude is, of course, super cute these days too. He talks and talks, likes to 'joke' Dan and I, will do anything for a lollipop, and knows who is an Avenger and who is not. He's really interested in spelling and what letter a word starts with. His repertoire of songs he can sing is slowly growing and he can hold the tune pretty well for a Three Three. And we got rid of his binky/soother ages ago.... but sometimes the binky fairy brings it back when extra hard days hit and Dan does not like this. My favorite thing is when he starts really laughing on his own. Usually America's Funniest Videos will get him going and it is so incredibly adorable. Jude is also really good at playing make believe these days, all on his own too. He's so sweet when he does it, he will say "Hulk is angry again, said Ironman," like he's reading a book. It is so endearing.

My heart is full. My days are full. I am exhausted. I love these sweet little people. My back aches. My eyes pulsate. I am spent. This is what anxiously engaged in a good cause looks like for my life right now and I love it, I love this full, exhausting life.






(I'm getting a massage this weekend to help with a few of those things.)





1 woot-woots!:

Eve said...

you make the CUTEST babies ever.... especially the girl ones! I think you should just start your own cute baby making business ;)