10 March 2015

Extended Cuddles




Everyday I savor what I think are going to be my last moments with just one sweet Jude Boy to take care of. I cuddle him extra long. I take him to the library on the way home from errands just because he asked and I let him play for two sessions on the timed library computers instead of just one. I read him an extra Superman book. I make him giggle just a little bit more as I tuck him in for his nap. I just can't help it. I never expected to like being a mother as much as I do. It is something that has truly surprised me. That little boy...  gosh.... 

As excited as I am to add another sweet little one to our family, I am also equally as sad. Jude is my little buddy. He's been my sidekick for the past three years nearly 24/7. As I was cuddling him extra long today before his nap my emotions overtook me because who knows when I'll have the chance to sneak in those extra long cuddles again. I think it will all be okay though. I think he will love being a big brother. I think he will love helping his little sister. I think I'll have time again to cuddle him extra long. I think I will love having two kids.... I hope.... Saying goodbye to the last three years of just us has been such a paradox. 

We did throw him an awesome (early) 3rd birthday party though, so kid, remember that when things might suck a little bit in the near future ;). And all the aforementioned extended cuddles.....  


Things are happening so fast!!!!





1 woot-woots!:

Unknown said...

Your Blog posts are so adorable!