27 May 2014

Disney!

 photo photo_zps1d84969e.jpg
Carousel-fie! 
I brought dinner to a friend who just had her first baby this evening. Walking into her house was like time travel. If it is possible for the sight and feel of a new parents home to trigger postpartum hormones I think that happened to me. Man, I was so reminded of what the newborn stage is like and all of a sudden I wanted to tuck Jude in with me in a warm comfy nest so we could torpor for a season and he would emerge 6 months older. I made sure to make something extra delicious and pack her with nutrients with the hopes of boosting her energy levels for all the night time nursing. Oh babies. So wonderful, so much work, and your hormones trick you into thinking you like it, or don't. Bodies are so weird, and of course amazing and beautiful.

What I was really going to blog about was our DisneyWorld trip. We had such a nice time. I did a lot of reading before our departure about what to do there, what to eat, what to buy, et cetera. A lot of the blogs and forums I read honestly overwhelmed me. We went, we had fun, we ate, we bought a few things and it was awesome. All those blogs were a little too much for me and I ended up making reservations that were too over the top and it was a good thing I could cancel without penalty within 24 hrs notice. I got to go to DisneyLand quite a few times growing up so I knew what the basics were and we went from there. If it is your first trip I'd do all that reading with a grain of salt but if you know the layout I'd just go with it. This is kinda my motto in life though and it usually works out great but not all the time, so there's my disclaimer just incase ;).

 photo photo_zps21527024.jpg

From all my reading the helpful tips that I took from those crazy blogs were these: bring lots of snacks (duh), dollar store glow sticks, and your own pool toys. The rest is intuitive and so I have just condensed thousands of Disney Blogs into 3 tips. For instance "pack lots of sunscreen" is quite intuitive. Ah, the simple life.

 photo photo_zpse7c2e0d7.jpg


We were lucky enough to overlap our visit with my sister and her family as she was at DisneyWorld for a work conference. What are the chances?! We only got about a day and a half together but it was so fun to be there with some cousins and family. Oh I love family. I want to move close to you all, each one of you, at this very moment. Figure that out, Doc Brown.

Life has not been nearly as magical since we returned but every passing day seems to be a little less depressing. We had such a good time I'm not sure we can ever go back again because I don't want to experience the terrible feeling of not being at DisneyWorld anymore. Honestly, there is no point in getting out of bed if you are not at Disney. Sigh.



0 woot-woots!: