13 February 2014

I keep trying to blog but I'm not funny anymore.

In no particular order (and in a dump of iPhone pictures) I'll do a little catch up here. Hold on to your panties.
 photo photo_zps3c8a681d.jpg
I got to see all my sisters and my mom and dad this past weekend! I would have loved to catch up with my brother. Serinda is not pictured though :(, this is the only group shot I had on my phone and she was with her sleeping little girl at this point... something I missed all weekend long. I jetted off to Calgary, just me myself and I enjoying hot beverages and in-flight movies with no toddler to interrupt, for my Grandmother's funeral. I had the rare opportunity of seeing almost my whole family and also lots of cousins, a grandpa, and aunts and uncles and my awesome in laws. It kind of felt like Christmas dinner as a 9 year old. It was really soothing. Good grief, how I miss Calgary. Although it was freaking freezing cold I still loved it. I wanted to stay there, buy a Canada Goose winter coat, update my Sorel's and attend Yoga with my little sisters forever. Oh the trip was too quick. I stepped out of the airport feeling like the guys on Cool Runnings, but instead of trying to go back in I sucked it up and turned on the seat warmer in my rental car and pretended I was sitting in a hot tub. I also got the feeling that the Winter Olympics are kind of a bigger deal in Canada than in the USA. I guess I find the opposite to be true down here... and rightly so. 

 photo photo_zpsbe7ca242.jpg

I spent an awesome two weeks in Utah with my sister Eve and her family. Judie Pants loves his cousins. They had so much fun getting sick together, coloring together, watching movies together and doing everything else fun together. I'm pretty sure Jude colored on your floor here Eve, I'm sorry about that. 

 photo photo_zpsc15e1bf1.jpg


While in Utah Jude also got to meet his little cousin Emma. I have a few better pictures of the two of them but this is for sure the funniest. They were both squirming off the couch trying to get away and it was so cute. Emma was probably more falling than squirming though. 

 photo photo_zps39dba1fb.jpg

And this picture won't center. I have been driven nuts because of it. The point is though, that Jude is really good at eating cereal. After he took this bite he picked up that lone cheerio and put it back where it belonged. I'm pretty sure he has his father's mild case of OCD and I don't even mind. Makes one less mess for his parents to clean up. He even very carefully picks up the bowl and drinks the milk without spilling a drop. I'm really excited for his future. 


 photo photo_zpsee5da17e.jpg

Getting three cousins to look in the same place for one picture is impossible. The result is still pretty cute though. 



 photo photo_zps824d8b5f.jpg

I hope one day Jude has a kid whose detest of dental hygiene rivals his own because ha ha! The past week he has been doing a little better, however. It seems he really enjoys hearing stories of his best friend Jacob while we brush his teeth. The stories usually calm him down ... or the Kindle. I'm not stopping though, kid. Dental hygiene is no joke. He likes to suck on floss so I'm hoping things will continue to get better. 



 photo photo_zpsdf96011f.jpg

The other morning I was telling Jude some stories as he cuddled me at oh, about 9am, and he fell right asleep. Probably because he woke up at 5am that morning. This kid! I keep wanting sleep but then I know that in a decade or so I'll be wishing he would wake up early and play with me so I'm telling myself to live in the moment and that sleep will come.. or it won't and it doesn't matter.  And I can't complain too much because Dan usually lets me sleep in on Saturdays. Why just the other Saturday I slept until 11am and it felt freaking fantastic. I guess I can continue living. 

 photo photo_zpsc70c71eb.jpg

And my little boy in the winter sunlight. I love that winter means green grass in Virginia. And I love the way the light catches his little boy face. At the park near by there is a little hill and this little boy loves to feel gravity's pull as he runs down it. He likes it when we run down too. So we do. 

I'm watching some men's figure skating and I can't handle the wipe out replays. The slow motion really shows too much. The body jiggling as it hits the cold hard ice... ahhhh, it's too much for me. That must hurt so bad. I actually don't like any of the slow motion falls. I saw some women's downhill wipeouts yesterday and my little wimpy heart can barely take it. I want them all to win gold all the time every time. 


1 woot-woots!:

Jasmyn said...

Oh, he's so adorable, Patience! And I'm with you on the replays...ouch! :)